home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Thursday, August 28, 2014

How buying a rug saved me thousands of dollars!

Yes, you read the title right...thousands of dollars! You see, the lack of rug in our living room was a huge contributor to the extreme lack of comfort in this space. I was so frustrated with being uncomfortable in our living room that I was ready to pour out thousands of dollars on a new sofa. I thought that'd be the fix, but luckily, before that purchase was made I FINALLY found a rug (I've been on the hunt for over a year!).

Suddenly, the amount of available seating seemed to quadruple! The first evening we shoved the coffee table out of the way and 3 out of 4 of us were laying on the ground. I had forgotten how much we "use" floor space as seating in our family. Without a comfy rug, there was only one spot to lay down so we all fought over who got the 'good' spot.
The rug has a thick pile so I was going to save some pennies and skip out on buying a rug pad. Well, it only took a few days before I realized that was a bad, bad idea! I couldn't keep it in place and if you have a 10 y.o. boy living in your house then you know they don't gingerly sit down on the couch. It's more like a running leap that pushes everything back about 2 feet in the process.
As I looked into rug pad options, I realized that it would not only save my hardwoods but also add a little extra comfort at the same time. Score! I ended up using the Eco-Cushion Organic Rug Pad from RugPadUsa.com.
I was anticipating being able to feel an added amount of comfort underfoot since the the 'cushion' score on this particular pad was a 4 out of 5, but honestly my rug is so thick already that the extra 'cushion' is hardly noticeable. That's okay though because remember that 10 y.o. I mentioned earlier?...he's still able to be his rambunctious self and my rug doesn't budge!

If you're in the market for a rug pad that's eco-friendly and worth your pennies, hop on over and check out RugPadUsa.com. They were gracious enough to offer this pad for me to review. All opinions expressed are my own.

2 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the new rug- it's perfect and looks comfy! :) thanks for the review, too!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

The new rug makes your big room look so nice and cozy Dana….hope you spend lots of evenings lounging around on it with your family! I was the 4th child, I always sat on the floor, and even now I still like to watch tv that way.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips