home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, March 10, 2014

Art by Lisa Golightly

I can't thank you enough if you're one of the sweet friends that left a kind message on Friday's post. We feel our hurts heal a little each day. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts, stories and words of empathy. It really means a lot to me.

On a lighter note, I love finding new artists. Have you seen the beautiful work of artist, Lisa Golightly? I ran across the piece below on One Kings Lane and it mysteriously kept showing up in my facebook feed. (Side note, I think it's super creepy how you look at something once then suddenly it shows up everywhere.)
I guess the advertising gimmick totally worked because I purchased a print of the precious, faceless boy. I'm not exactly sure what it is, but there's something that draws me in when I look at it. "That" is what I mean when I tell clients that art is personal and you have to pick the pieces that "speak" to you.


I think it's the simplicity that I love. And, her shading is amazing.

This piece is coming to live in our house too!




Lisa's Etsy shop is Kiki and Polly. Do yourself a favor and take a second to check out her other works of art!

3 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love these! sort of modern, beachy, and vintage all rolled into one.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

How exciting for you! That is going to be a good mail day when those arrive. She is a very talented artist.
Isn't if funny how Big Brother is always watching thanks to cookies on our computers? I think it's creepy too when products I've looked at follow me around the internet and show up in ads!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips