home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Check out what I used as a rug pad...

This cute little rug came to live with us last week but its slippin' and a slidin' wasn't greeted with much enthusiasm from the feet that were passing through. I knew a rug pad was a must.

As I was standing in Homegoods with a rug pad in hand, it hit me that I still had a large roll of shelf liner left over. I began to wonder if it'd work since essentially I just needed something with a little grip. This rug is soft on it's own so padding wasn't a priority in this situation, only the non-slid part. I went home and tried it out...


I'm happy to report that it works like a charm! No more slippin' and slidin', just a rug that knows its place.

Now, rug pads aren't typically expensive but in my book if I can save a few pennies and reuse something I already own, then it's definitely the route to take. What about you? Have you found a non-traditional use for something lately? Do enlighten us please so we can all benefit from your thriftiness!

**Thanks for all the prayers in response to yesterday's post. I love your kind hearts! I'm happy to report that Alyssa's surgery went "beautifully," but the tumor was indeed malignant as suspected. She's currently in ICU but doing great according to her family. They have a long road ahead of them so please continue to keep them in your heart.

5 comments:

Haley said...

Such a great idea! I have been lazy and just letting my rugs slide around instead of going to the store and purchasing rug pads. I also have some of this liner and I'm definitely going to try this out. Thanks!

Cassie Bustamante said...

such a smart idea! i love when clever and thrifty meet!

pam {simple details} said...

You are too smart!! You're going to laugh, I have a diy 1/2 completed that I used my leftovers for! :)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Clever girl!! And I love your new rug!
So glad Alyssa's surgery is behind her, praying for her road ahead to recovery!

Victoria - Bedrosianrugs.com said...

It really rocks! your rug looks beautiful with that motive. Do you have recommendation where to buy it and how to get a special edition because I do not want to find a rug in another home? :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips