home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, October 25, 2013

DIY Dog Art

I shouldn't be sharing this yet, because there's a H.U.G.E. chance this is going to turn into a big, fat flop of a DIY art project. But, it's just so stinkin' cute already that I had to give you a little glimpse.


I'm commissioning one of my favorite artists, aka Bryn, to help me turn this picture into a masterpiece. Wish us luck!

A tiny glimpse into how my brain works...

It started when I found this fabric from Spoonflower and considered approaching the artist to isolate and enlarge the image. I was initially thinking shower curtain for the kids' bathroom, but suddenly it needed to be on a wall. I take a break from the computer, give Maverick a little pat, then BOOM, I realize I have the perfect model literally sitting at my feet. I bust out the camera, run to the print shop and saved a lot of money in the process. Score!

I find it a bit strange how much this fabric and my Maverick actually look like each other! Mav must have a twin who's momma likes to make fabric out of his cute pug mug. Need to meet her someday. ;)

And, while we're all taking the time to appreciate all things black, white, graphic and pug related, let's also appreciate this really cool print from Etsy shop owner Jenn Bell.


Jen's not partial to pugs, there's a little love going on for dachshunds and labs too...


Think Christmas, friends, think Christmas. $20 for an 8x10 print could make someone a happy camper.

Enjoy your weekend!

6 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

oh wow! i can't wait to see this!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

That is such a fun project for you and Bryn!! Can't wait to see how it goes!

Dee said...

Oh wow, I this idea. That's a great shot and I'm sure more special because it is your dog.

Looking forward to the end result.

dee@delolovesdesign

pam {simple details} said...

Oh my your Maverick is too cute! You know I'll be all over this fun diy! :)

A room with a view said...

These are very cute! Amazing coincidence and you certainly have a model dog there, Dana!

Weaveron Textile said...

this project is amazing.
to get fabric on demand from weaveron textile.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips