home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, September 13, 2013

Bathroom plans

I had absolutely no intentions of even touching the kids' bathroom anytime soon. It was way, way down on the priority list seeing as how it's upstairs and they're the only ones that use it. But, I couldn't help myself and went crazy ripping down wallpaper. Then, there are the light fixtures literally hanging out of the wall with exposed wires and everything. So, I guess that means I'm starting on their bathroom way before planned.


I've always wanted to learn how to tile. What better place to start than a spot that doesn't see much traffic, i.e. the kids' bathroom is my guinea pig. And that sconce...well, that pretty much sealed the deal. It needs to find a home in our house. Both kids saw it and said, "Oh, that's cool!" Score one for momma. Something both kids agree on that's going to be living in a shared space.

In other house news, I'm pretty sure I've decided on a contractor to start the projects that are too big for John and I to handle. It's a fun feeling knowing we're on the brink of "the fun stuff" beginning to happen.

Happy weekend to you all, friends!

2 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Very exciting stuff….both finding a contractor and getting ready to tackle some big things, and also learning to tile! My brother and I tiled a kitchen floor in my first house many years ago….you can totally do it Dana!!

pam {simple details} said...

YOU GO!! I think tiling would be on my list for the contractor! :) Kudos for choosing a sconce that makes everyone happy! Enjoy the weekend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips