home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, July 29, 2013

New House Pics (Part 1)

Holy smokes, life's been anything but interesting around here lately, friends! For those of you following along, we finally closed on our house then moved in only to find out our air conditioner didn't work. Let me tell ya, unpacking boxes in an non-air conditioned house in the middle of July in Texas is NOT a good combo. Fortunately, our 5 days without air happened to be overcast and unseasonable cool. Thank you, God!

Then, we found out the house was burglarized before we moved in and the sellers' agents lied to our face about the situation. What'd they take? The 3 televisions and outdoor furniture the sellers were leaving us. We reached a settlement and the agent's broker came over to apologize to me in person. Glad that's behind us.

Onto the good stuff...ready to see the house? Well, I decided you need to see the exterior first so you'll know why we bought the house. The lot sold us!

This is technically our backyard. The house is oriented "backwards" on the lot so this view is enjoyed from our back porch instead of the front door. It's really confusing to people when they first come over because they feel like they're driving to the back of the house.
There are lots of cute little seating areas. Love this bench but it's not too comfy. Looking forward to adding some color in the planters to break up all the green.
Also, as you walk around the pond there are interesting finds at each turn. Check out these roots!

We have a duck! I named her Sally. I tell her every morning as I'm feeding her, that she needs to find a husband and make us some ducklings. ;)

Think Reed's enjoying this little area? He may or may not wake up and go directly to this spot in his undies and start fishing. Priceless!

The entrance faces the back of the lot. I'm guessing the previous owners chose paint colors that would enable the house to blend in with the surroundings. I think they missed the mark a little bit but that's an easy fix.

Think these doors will stay this color? I'm up for suggestions, no decisions have been made just yet. The inside of the doors are already painted white.

Okay, now for a few shots of the inside. Feast your eyes on our dining room. The only thing that's staying in this room is our awesome new table. I'm still deciding on chairs. They definitely need to be low profile and unassuming so the gorgeous live edge on the table can become the star of this room.

What's that...missing wallpaper? Yes, that happened the very first day we moved in. I couldn't wait to get this stuff off the wall. Bye, bye Tommy Bahama palm trees.

Next thing to be removed...heavy, very dated drapery. I didn't even get a shot of the long panels that adorned each side, but you can use your imagination.

Honestly, I don't even have a plan for this space yet. I simply needed to remove things so my brain could start with a blank slate. Now the fun begins!

More pics to come, friends.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

The outside is gorgeous! Love, love, love it! And I can't wait to see what you do with it all :)

-Bonnie @ Revolutionaries
www.revolutionariesblog.com

Cassie Bustamante said...

WOW! that yard is AMAZING! so happy for you that you have that peaceful place to relax all to yourselves!

Unknown said...

I fell in love at the driveway lol. Beautiful place now more of inside. Love your duck too ;-)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

What a beautiful property, Dana!! It's SO gorgeous!! I am so glad you are finally in and everything finally worked out! But it's hard to believe there were even more bumps in the road - particularly the house being broken into - that is so crazy! Now onto the good part - finally getting the chance to make this house your home. I can't wait to see what you do with it!!!! Congratulations and may you and your family have many happy days there!!

Elise Engh said...

Your yard looks like paradise! Wow!

rebecca @ older and wisor said...

I love the missing sheet of wallpaper! Every time we've ever bought a house I've been scolded to quit removing paper/ripping off valances/taking down address plaques that I can't stand and finish UNPACKING THE MOVING TRUCK ALREADY. Oh yeah...I forgot about moving stuff in ;) Some things just gotta go immediately or I'll lose my mind. Congratulations on being in!!!

pam {simple details} said...

That is truly the most beautiful driveway ever!!! I'm beyond excited for your family that everything worked out and you're the new owners of this gorgeous place! Onto the important stuff :) - what about a combination of ghost chairs and something different at the ends? Or retro with a little chrome? This is going to be SO much fun!

jess@Hillcountry Homebody said...

So pretty Dana! Glad it is finally yours and you can put your mark on it! That backyard is to die for!!!

Julie T said...

Your new home looks beautiful! We will miss your family, but I know that you will bless the lives of everyone there. Hope to see you at church when you come back to visit Austin!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips