home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, May 3, 2013

When I'm stressed I...

Eat.  Bake. Okay, who am I kidding, I do both.

Chocolate is my go to stress reliever. Not the healthiest of options, but you do what ya gotta do to get ya through.

Just last week these two yum-o-licious recipes debuted in the Frieling household. Yes, I made two batches of cookies in one week and we won't discuss who ate most of them. If you ask me I'll be sure to blame it on the kids! 

This first recipe is named appropriately...Brownie Crackles. I'm going to rename them Brownie Crack because that pretty much sums it up. With very few ingredients, not to mention items I typically always have on hand, they're dangerous, I tell ya.

Brownie Crackles

Ingredients


Directions

  • In a large bowl, beat the brownie mix, flour, egg, water and oil until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Place confectioners' sugar in a shallow dish. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into sugar; roll to coat. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 4-1/2 dozen.

With brownie crackles attaching themselves to my hips settling in our tummies, it was time to search for the next stress reliever sweet tooth fix. Turtle cookies...yeah, that should do the trick.
Turtle Cookies
Hop on over to The Kitchen is My Playground for this delicious recipe. 

This time I had a teensy tiny bit of self-restraint and I managed to take a handful up the street to my dieting friend, Katie, before I devoured the entire batch. You see, Katie doesn't need to be on a diet at all, so I was actually doing her a favor.

These cookies turned out exactly like the picture! They'd make a great addition to your Christmas cookie/baking plans. It's never too early to start thinking about that, right?

And just so you know, I'm NOT endorsing eating like a pig as a way to manage your stress. Prayer and exercise are MUCH more effective!

What do you do when you're stressed? Will you be trying my Brownie Crack or Tasty Turtles? ;)

5 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i keep those melting chocolate on hand- you know the ones that are for melting and making candies.... yep and i tend to grab one here or there when i am stressed!

Unknown said...

I love to bake, even when I gave no intention of eating it, I'll give it away. But those cookies look heavenly. Going to pin those. The turtle ones could be our new Dave.
Have a great weekend. Hope you're not too stressed!
xo Nancy
Powellbrower.com

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Ooooooh Tracey at The Kitchen is My Playground always has the best recipes!! I have to try those Tasty Turtles!!
And to any of life's up and downs…..chocolate is always the answer. End of story!

pam {simple details} said...

Oh, yum ~ definitely need to add those to my list of stress relievers! :) Glad I'm in good company!

Lo said...

Yum!! I will definitely be whipping up a batch of those turtle cookies! I make another cookies similar to your 'crack'. Mine are called Chocolate snowflakes, recipe is on my blog, and I agree! Why are they so good?! I'm not a huge chocolate person either and I don't want to confess how many I ate. Yum! Thanks for sharing the yummy recipes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips