home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Stainless appliances...I'm done with you

One word...Fingerprints! I've said it before, I'm NOT a fan of stainless appliances even though that's exactly what lives in my kitchen. I have enough trouble keeping my countertops clean. Adding every single appliance to the cleaning list is enough to send me over the edge.

So, is white better? Is it the next trend in kitchen appliances? Or is it even considered a trend when it's been "the thing" at least 4, 387 times before? It's just an updated version of a good 'ole tried and true, right?
Clients often want to buy things that are going to stand the test of time. I share the secret that everything goes out of style eventually, but the color white will carry you through the trends the longest in my opinion.

Ranges are becoming quite the kitchen accessory these days. Think this one shows fingerprints as bad as stainless? Dirt, yes...fingerprints, no.

With white kitchens being all the rage, I like the seamless look these appliances add by blending right in with the cabinets.

There's a white oven in this picture? Oh, sorry, I must of missed it while I was admiring the super cool striped floor. See? White appliances don't scream for attention. They're perfectly happy serving their purpose and letting others be the star.


Large white vent hood with tiny gold accent. Yes, please.

Is anyone else ready for the stainless trend to step aside and make way for the next best thing?

10 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i prefer white- we had it in our last house and i loved it! of course, you have seen our awful kitchen here and the only unawful things are the stainless dishwasher and stove, so now we are kind of stuck with stainless for a while since they are the only things worth keeping!

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

I'm so glad you brought this up! What stores sell those gorgeous white appliances?!! We've got two white pieces and two stainless and I prefer the stainless, but that could be b/c my white cooktop is impossible to keep clean! I also really love bright white kitchens, but as you may have seen, our cabinets are light maple so it just seems to clash with the white. If I only had one of those kitchens in your photos.... ;)

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

We have stainless too but I also love love love sleek white appliances. Modern and shiny is key for me with white.

Great post!

Jenny
Www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Mathi Bear said...

I never really understood the stainless kitchen unless someone was going for an industrial look. The white kitchen is in the same category for me. I love how they help keep the room bright but pure white is for someone who keeps their kitchen spotless.

My color is bisque (beige, cream, biscuit) whatever color the person you are talking to wants to call it. No fingerprints, still keeps the room light, goes with any kind of wood cabinet, and if they are a little dirty it doesn't show very badly. Works and plays well with almost everything. The only downside is that the kitchen can look a little dingy even when it is perfectly clean. Not that that ever happens around here.

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

I too am so done with the upkeep of stainless!!! I like the industrial look of it but it's so high maintenance for a family. Our last house had it, our current house has old off-white appliances and they are 1000x easier to keep clean. When we do our kitchen over I'll do panels on the fridge and dishwasher that are white like the cabinetry.

pam {simple details} said...

I agree, they are a beast. Since my cabinets are cream it's not really a choice, but I do love them with a timeless white kitchen!

Paisley Print Shoes said...

I love this post! I have never been a fan of stainless steel - I LOVE white appliances!! As soon as we can afford to upgrade that is what I will be getting! (We currently have a white fridge, black dishwasher, and cream stove. Oh, the joys of moving into an older house.....)
-Katie

Shannon said...

The white looks great in these kitchens!!

I am not tired of Stainless. I mean, they do their job...the finger prints aren't out of control - yet?

Glass Mirror said...

Nice post. It is really interesting love this post thanks for sharing the information

Shasa said...

So luxurious and considerable post you brought before you readers and fan-followers. We love to have our kitchen and home with the best and beautiful looking appliances sure. But it's difficult to make the right choice and perfect match for each appliances. But after visiting this blog I got real idea truly. The white appliance idea was really considerable. Thanks for sharing such a mind-blowing job. Basically, I wanted to get some information for the efficient dryer repair technicians in Brampton, but this was completely a good read and experience.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips