home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Snip, snip...instant decor!

I was stuck at home yesterday while a window was being replaced. We had an unfortunate incident that involved the edger, a rock and our bathroom window. Ouch! It's fun to replace $500 windows right before you move out. Definitely how I like to spend my money. Yes, please read that with heavy sarcasm attached.

Like I said, I was stuck at home so I took advantage of the down time to celebrate the beautiful signs of spring that are popping up.  I've always, always loved my jewel magnolia tree and can't believe that I've never taken advantage of snipping a few branches to bring inside. It's something so simple, completely free and adds a pretty touch to any room.


Okay, confession time, I bought this pitcher for decorative purposes only and when I realized I needed to fill it with water to keep the branches alive, I actually caught myself wondering if it was safe to put water in it. Can you believe that? Uh, duh...it's a pitcher! It was made to hold liquids. Complete lack of brain cells going on over here sometimes.


My magnolia tree isn't blooming yet, but another snip, snip on the rose bush quickly added the floral touch needed on my mantle. I don't typically change my mantle decor but I'm kinda feelin' the nature vibe going on in this little scene.

Hope this has inspired you to walk outside and find a few of nature's treasures to use in your decor!

5 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

i love the magnolia! so pretty!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

How pretty are those leaves? You are so lucky - and roses too?! Cuttings from my yards are my #1 favorite way to decorate….even in the middle of winter, the evergreens cheer up the space (and last forever in water). Hope you have a magnolia in your new yard!

pam {simple details} said...

Always my favorite way to add a little life to rooms, we won't have roses for quite awhile yet. Love your sweet vignette!

Unknown said...

Our bushes are in full bloom right now so I've been doing the snip snip as well!!! Magnolia leaves are so gorgeous with their wax look!

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

LOL I didn't realize my hubby was logged in...that was my comment above. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips