home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Barrel ceilings

Have you ever stopped to wonder what makes a house interesting? Hands down, the answer is architectural detail. One piece of architectural detail I find especially fascinating is a barrel ceiling.

{Cultivate}
One word...Wow!

You may need to slow down while scrolling through these beautiful images to wipe the drool off your chin. ;)

Dramatic, right?

It's even dramatic in all white.

But, mix the two looks of contrasting brown and white and ding, ding, ding, we have a winner...beautiful!

Wonder why I've been thinking about barrel ceilings? I have a friend/client who's asked me to help her create something fun in her bar area which just happens to have a barrel ceiling. See the portion or the ceiling image above with the pendant? That's exactly what we discussed with the carpenter on Monday. Crossing my fingers that the quote is good and we'll see this vision come to life!

4 comments:

Interior Design Musings said...

totally agree, Dana! Sometimes, clients will show me inspiration pictures of their "style" and I will notice a common architectural feature in the images. I always try to point this out to them so they understand that furnishings alone will never achieve the look they are after! Great post. M.

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

OMG I'm so jealous of your friend!! I can't wait to see what you create!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Wow those are beautiful ceilings. I wonder how a carpenter would create that…I'd love to see how it's built. So interesting.

pam {simple details} said...

Your clients are always SO cool! What a coincidence they find you!! :) Fingers crossed we get to see this one come to fruition.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips