home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

DIY Acrylic Floating Art

I've always been a fan of acrylic frames and optical illusions. Anything that makes something look like it's floating is fun in my book.

Recently, I've had a few clients itching for something unique. One's looking for a different way to display items and the other needs a creative hanging solution.

I've been brainstorming and here's my prototype...

Is it an "A"? Is it a triangle? How's it attached? That's the beauty of all things abstract. It's left up for you own interpretation.

A view from top to get the full effect.

The sides are painted different colors so this piece can be appreciated from all angles.

White, gold and black.

This is such an easy project! John and I are still working out the details to make it a bit more sturdy though. Like I said, this is just the prototype.


Later in the week, I'll share the "display" option, then give you all the details so you can make you own!

7 comments:

Dee said...

Beautiful, what a creative idea!

www.delolovesdesign.com

pam {simple details} said...

You are too cool ~ you need an etsy shop!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

i just want to echo pam!

Whitney @ Drab to Fab Design said...

I love this!!! It keeps your eyes interested with the sides being different colors! So cool!

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

This is really cool!

Jenny
Www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Katie {Miss Dixie} said...

This is so cool! I love it, what a fresh idea!

Gabbi @ Retro Ranch Reno said...

This is amazing...I love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips