home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, October 15, 2012

Black vs. White

I have great news...our guest bedroom is complete! John is so happy to have this project off his plate. He's been such a good sport and his talents continue to amaze me. We finished up too late for me to get good pictures so you'll have to wait just a tad bit longer. Sorry, friends!

Anyway, back in February I wrote this post about how to use Pinterest to define your style. I was perusing my boards recently and took a little bit of my own advice...I noticed a design feature that I'm really drawn to...steel framed doors and windows. 

Honestly, I don't think I've ever put much thought into the surround of a window, but when everyone in blogland started painting their interior doors black, I began to notice that I really like the look of black window surrounds too.

Have you ever thought about it? Which to you prefer? Black or White?...


                                                                                                           {via nicety}


                                          {via My Paradissi}                                                                      {via pinterest}
                                                                                             
I'll leave you with a few of my favorites...


Another thing I learned from my pinterest boards is that I have a thing for massive doors and windows. Ahh, bring in the outdoors and let me bathe in natural light!

3 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Oh, I love those black steel windows, but never thought I could get quite the look with my 1938 cottage style. Can't wait for tomorrow! :)

Cassie Bustamante said...

i am definitely more a white gal, but i am warming up to black lately!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

I am definitely on a black kick right now, I can't get enough!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips