home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, September 10, 2012

How to Create your own Robot Decor

Oh my!...I left a very sarcastic remark at the end of my last post about the weather cooling down and guess what? We got a break! Our weekend was amazing without 110% humdity. There's a tiny bit of crispness in the morning air and it feels soooo good!

So, Friday I gave you the cool edited version of this photo and today you get to see the pretty colors as I break down the parts and where to buy it all.

"Rob" hangs out on a freshly painted Colonial Blue wall by Benjamin Moore.

His parts:
1. CD holder basket from Container Store
2. Garden hose from Home Depot. 
I bought 2 and cut one in half for the arms. The legs stayed as one unit.
3. Velcro from Target. 
This is being replaced with a magnets from Michaels though. The velcro wasn't quite strong enough.
4. Magazine holder from Ikea.
5. Magnets from Container Store
6. Pencil holders from Container Store
7. Curtain rod holders as antennae (not pictured)

1. Battery Clips (aka hands) from Home Depot
2. Anchors and Screws from Home Depot


The  hoses are a little heavy so make sure you use an anchor along with the screw. Of course, the first thing a kid's going to do is pull on these fun springy things so make sure it's functional!




One last shot:

There are a million different variations you could use for this project. Get creative and think about how your little one will use his robot. 

Linking to these fabulous parties:

7 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

LOVE your clever ideas, such a unique statement for a boy's room! I bet he thinks it is sweet, dude!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

That is so fun for a boy's room or a playroom! You are endlessly creative, Dana.

A room with a view said...

I am beyond impressed with your creativity - such a fun piece! Quite inspiring, Dana! By the way I love the colonial blue color on the wall - a great backdrop for Rob.

SoSimple said...

You. Are. Brilliant! Your projects are always amazing.

Cassie Bustamante said...

YAY! this is definitely going tobe a winter project here!

Holly Gruszka said...

So much fun!! And functional too which is bonus points!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! This is adorable AND functional. I love it! Pinning this for later. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips