home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, July 13, 2012

Diamond wall meets Design Star

Well, well, well...did anyone catch Tuesday's episode of HGTV's Design Star. Bryn and I were snuggled in for our weekly TV date and suddenly she said..."Momma, she's going to make your wall!" She was quick to take note of the sketches Britany had drawn. Next thing you know the carpenter is fast at work building diamonds!

I thought, 'surely it's not going to be the same', but I'll let you be the judge of that...

Britany's diamond wall:

 My diamond wall:

I would love to know where she got her inspiration?! Could it be?...

Holy smokes! Look what I found on Britany's Pinterest page. Guess I just answered my own question!


I've said it before...imitation is the highest form of flattery! It would've been nice to have received a few HGTV shout outs for the idea, right?!

I've got another big project in the works but my handy husband has asked for the weekend off. Guess I'm just going to have to be patient. I hope you all have a restful and peaceful weekend, friends.

12 comments:

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is awesome!!!!! it would be nice to get a shout out, but people will look at her pinterest board. :)
i had a blogger do something that was eerily similar to my project that was totally unique ( i had honestly never seen it before) but no credit or anything.... it was sort of an icky feeling, but i can't say she got the idea from me- who knows, really!

Haley said...

yours is still better! Maybe it's just me, but it bugs me how her lines are off centered with the diamond.

Whitney @ drab to fab design said...

Wow! That's awesome that is YOUR wall design! But yes, a shout out would've been appreciated, I'm sure. Honestly, I like the how subtle yours is better :)

SoSimple said...

Yeah! I did catch that actually. I agree with Haley (the off centered lines), yours is beyond awesome carried throughout the wall. Super cool that it made it to hgtv, that's kinda awesome right :)

pam {simple details} said...

No way! We all know you're the original star, at least she pinned yours! Hope you get a ton of traffic from Pinterest! :)

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

How funny to see your project copied! You are inspiring people all over blogland/the country/the world!!!

Jana said...

I like your attitude! Most people would whine but in reality we are always copying someone else. Congratulations and I still think she should have mentioned that her inspiration was from Pinterest at the very least

Unknown said...

I saw that and thought the same thing! That's awesome that she used your idea as inspiration. Would have been nice to get a shout out, but like you said, imitation IS the highest form of flattery so congrats!!!

Unknown said...

That's awesome. I also think that yours in better. Good job!!

Allison @ House of Hepworths said...

I saw that and thought of you. Yours is way better though. Your diamonds actually line up with the lines instead of being offset.

jessica@hillcountryhomebody.blogspot.com said...

Ha I wondered about that too!

Free Art Printables said...

The diamond wall is a great idea. Yours is super cool. And much better :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips