home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Monday, March 19, 2012

Million Dollar Tour

Oh, if I only had a cool $1.6 million laying around, then this house might just tempt me a little! I pinned an image this weekend and when I went searching for the original source I was so surprised to learn this gorgeousness is right here in Austin! 

Sit back as we take a picture stroll and I fill you in on it's history. Love a house with a story!

 This isn't just a house...it's a castle! Bouldin Castle was once an orthodox church. After the church closed in 2007, they began receiving offers from developers.

Developers, Priscilla Glover and Ivan Spaller, are responsible for this amazing transformation. 



As a means to increase the home's exposure, the developers listed it for several years with a vacation rental site. Sure do wish I had been fortunate enough to stay there...would've been a great staycation!

 One of the lucky guests describes his experience by saying, "It's a taste of the European countryside without the jet-lag and expensive airline ticket."


 There's just something about black, white, gold and quatrefoils that make my heart sing!
 My minimalist tendencies shining through as I'm loving the wide, open spaces with no clutter.
 The first time the developer toured the single-story church, he went home and sketched plans for the castle as it looks today.

Let's just take a minute to really appreciate that door and those floors. Sigh! Oh my, check out that fan. Never seen one like that before.
 The exterior...would you expect anything less? I'm mean it's a castle people!
Bouldin castle was originally built in 1940 as a Roman Catholic Church.
And, the daytime view!


Twelve tiles in the pool have painted crosses to represent the 12 apostles. Guess who's in the deep end? Judas!

Well, I'm sad to say that my extra $1.6 million is going to have to stay in the bank since I just realized this listing is sold. Bummer. Maybe I should go take the new owner some cookies and see if they'll give me a tour! That'd be awesome!!

5 comments:

The Peak of Tres Chic said...

WOW, what a home! A real life castle in the heart of Texas. I love the beautiful pool and the bathrooms. Just gorgeous!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

What an interesting property! Judas in the deep end? That's kinda funny. 1.6 actually seems like an amazing price for that - or maybe I'm jaded by New England real estate prices. It's almost a bargain! (if you had millions lying around and all!) Thanks for sharing!

pam {simple details} said...

The quatrefoils are stunning and I love the impact of the black trim throughout! That is some serious stone!

A room with a view said...

I could live here, never mind vacation here! It has so much character, where do I begin! Love the history, too. Those amazing arched doorways (which seem off-center) are fabulous. The furnishings are perfectly chosen including that amazing double-sink. And that pool!!

Diana @ Your Day Simplified said...

Thanks for the tour. It was just so beautiful. I love the exterior too! The spaciousness of the interior was breathtaking and serene!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips