home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, January 13, 2012

Easy DIY Art Work

If you're looking to add a little sparkle to your room here's an easy weekend project that would be really inexpensive. Not crafty, you say? All you need to be able to do for this project is cut tape! 
BHG

I'm not positive what the fine folks at Better Homes and Gardens used in the artwork above but I can take a good guess...foil tape! Guess where you buy it?...Home Depot. Ever think of Home Depot as an art supply store? I certainly do. If I'm "stuck" in a project, I often go roam the aisles looking for inspiration. Of course, I'm stopped by every single Home Depot employee and asked if I need help since I look completely baffled and that's what they're trained to do. Have you ever noticed that? Don't go there if you're in a bad mood and don't want to talk to anyone, but if you feigning for adult interaction and need to feel like someone cares...Home Depot's where it's at! 

I haven't used foil tape yet but look what Kara and Tim created with it...
Kara Paslay Designs
foil tape

If shopping online is more your style, just click on the link above.

If this stuff isn't ridiculously sticky (like I said, I've never used it), it'd be a fantastic option for those of you who rent. You'd be able to create a fun wall treatment then just rip it down when it's time to move.

Well, friends, I hope you all have a happy weekend. I've been wanting to try a little art project that's very similar to the one above. Aaron Brothers is having their "One Cent" sale right now so I may have to stock up on canvases. If you're in need of a little weekend reading, Design*Sponge wrote a piece about our Diamond Wall Treatment! I'm extremely humbled that they deemed it worthy of sharing with their readers.

If you're looking to bring a little creativity into your own home, I'd love to be part of it...contact me!

13 comments:

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

Okay that is really cool. And guess what, I'm just about to walk out the door to go to Lowes - have to check and see if they have the foil tape there! I love that chevron and the starburst! Thanks for sharing, Dana.

A room with a view said...

WoOw - I love the idea of the foil tape and should buy some. I have used decorative painter's tape which comes in colors and patterns. Such fun! I have awarded you the Leibster Award this morning. Check it out..
http://lminteriorsllc.blogspot.com/2012/01/thank-you-for-leibster-award.html

pam {simple details} said...

Genius! Too funny, I commented on their wall project - love the huge pattern!

Congrats on Design Sponge - you go girl!!

Justine said...

I'm pretty obsessed with all things sparkly, and I've never seen this before! Plus, I rent, so I'm always in the market for removable decor. Very tempted by this idea...

Carly Haslee said...

Foil tape?! Why am I just hearing about this-thank you SO much for sharing because I will absolutely be using this. And Design Sponge-go Dana go!!

xoxo

Lo said...

Oh dang what a great idea!! I've been wanting to bling up my bathroom, I wonder how it holds up in humidity?? Only one way to find out!!

Cassie Bustamante said...

that is So cool! i love some shimmer!
and by the way, congrats on all the features- i saw the ds one and was so happy for you!

Jen said...

Cool! This is something I could totally do and not worry about too much since I could take it down easy if I hated it. Thanks for sharing!

Sonya said...

Too cool! I usually have to stick to paint because my walls are so textured. Darn El Paso builders, Grrr! But do you think this would work on textured walls???

sarah. said...

I love this tape, but haven't used it for home decor yet. Mostly projects with the kids and foam-core building construction. It's like heavy kitchen foil and yes it's pretty sticky. I think it's for patching AC ducts. Embossing it with a stylus works fantastically.

the almost 40 year old intern said...

congrats on design sponge! this foil tape is fabulous!

Zummi | dmci homes for sale said...

This is simply wonderful and you did a great job. A lot of thanks for sharing this with us.

Anonymous said...

Piece of writing writing is also a excitement, if
you know then you can write or else it is complicated to write.


my weblog; Chad Cossairt

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips