home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, November 4, 2011

DIY Pinecone Frame

Happy Friday, friends! It's officially November and with Halloween behind us it's time to march forward and stare Thanksgiving in the face. What's that mean around your house? Have you started thinking about your menu or is the tablescape of more importance at this stage of the game?

If fall decorating is on your mind then I've got a simple little project that will spruce up your home in a jiffy.  Today's project started in the clearance section at Michaels, of course. Isn't that where all great projects originate?

I'll give you a peek at the end result then walk you through the simple process.



First, I ran across the frame for a steal...



Then I notice these bags of pinecones marked down to $1.49. My frame needed 5 total.


Time to break out the hot glue gun...


This part is really simple, but I must admit that I am sporting a blister on my finger from all the gluing. Who knew crafting could be so hard on the body? On a serious note, there wasn't much rhyme or reason to the placement of the pinecones. Approach it like you're piecing together a puzzle. I was pleased that the frame was black so if there was a small space left between pinecones it wasn't obvious.

Need a few more pictures? Take a gander...




Earlier in the week I encouraged you to think outside the box in this post about storage solutions. Well friends, I took my own advice and the end destination of this pinecone frame isn't going to be using it as a frame! I have bigger and better plans for this beauty. You'll have to check back at the end of the month to find out the final plans. I'm co-hosting a decorating party and can't spoil all the fun before the big day!

Have a happy weekend, friends!

Linking up to the following blogs:
The DIY Showoff                       Somewhat Simple
Savvy Southern Style                  House of Hepworths
Blue Cricket Designs                  Between U & Me
Trendy Treehouse                       The Shabby Nest
The Shabby Creek Cottage

8 comments:

pam {simple details} said...

Love square wreaths and the great texture! And, it's perfect for Thanksgiving & Christmas both - big bonus!!

Unknown said...

Love the wreath-super cute-love it!! I'm your newest follower!! Stop on over for a visit!!

Julie said...

Cute idea, love the little leather case, too!

Inspired By June said...

Very nice, Dana! Can't wait to see what you have planned!

jess@balancing the dream said...

love how this turned out!! fabulous!! and especially love the little green owl in your last picture!! sooo cute!!! thanks for sharing!!

Christina at I Gotta Create! said...

Very pretty. Love the natural beauty and texture of pinecones :)

Lacey said...

I used some of these pine cones last year for my wedding. They smelled marvelous. I love the idea of creating a frame out of them. It would make a lovely mirror!

www.chezhays.com

Unknown said...

شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى القصيم
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى بريدة
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى حائل
شركة نقل عفش من جدة الى الخرج

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips