home about me home tour consultations testimonials contact

Friday, October 21, 2011

I'm Obsessed! (Help needed)

I have been on the search for the perfect Fiddle Leaf Fig tree for months upon end now. It's kind of become an obsession. My kids groan every time I pull into a Home Depot, because they know exactly why we're there.

It all started when I saw this pretty indoor tree in images like these:

Stephen Knollenberg




via

I am completely aware that there are millions of other blog posts out there pleading for the exact same thing...someone to share a source! I feel like I've looked at them all and still don't have my answer. In addition to searching blogland, here are the other things I've done in an effort to bring one of these beauties into my home. I've hit almost every Home Depot from Dallas, to Austin, to San Antonio!  I kid you not, when we travel I get excited when I see a Home Depot because I'm just sure this will be my lucky stop! 

I've even had an associate at one of the local stores call me when a shipment came in. You see, they often carry these trees but they're not treated well, and by the time I stumble upon them they look sad. I refuse to pay $60 to $80 for something that doesn't look good from the get go. So my Home Depot friend called me and said, "I've got good news and bad news. The good news is that we got a shipment in and one of the trees is a gorgeous shape. The bad news is, an employee thought they were outdoor trees and left it outside so the leaves got burned." AAGGHH! So close! I went to look at it, but once again it was too damaged to buy. Sad day in the Frieling household.

I've searched on-line and still can't find one. Any help out there? I'd love you forever if you could lead me to this tree that needs to live in my house! 


Have a happy weekend, friends. I'm off to help my friend create beautiful flowers for a wedding. Pretty pictures to come on Monday!

4 comments:

Judy F. Noffke said...

Honey said to try Lowe's or Red Barn Nursery...good luck...it is a cool tree!

Joe said...

the Calloway's on Greenville and walnut hill had quite a few fiddle leafe figs; i got a great sized tree for $20, and they had a larger one for $80.

i've had mine about a month now

Unknown said...

Your house is beautiful and you have the touch DANA! You made it happy with all that gold and yes, never thought gold would be Summery, but it is and I love it! The tangerine is awesome and very classy, indeed. Thank you for sharing.
Have a great weekend.
modern-home-interior-design

Elijah said...

Warm thanks for this green loving post. Yeah, fiddle leaf fig tree can be an awesome part of any home beauty. Happy to dive into your sweet experience. Home depot is of course a over-renowned webworld that offers a variety of item that we need always for various purpose. The indoor tree photos you inserted in this page look really super beautiful. Your rooms also look well and elegantly decorated. Thanks a lot for sharing such mind-charming post.
Just a little bit curious about the trimming issues of your outer part of the house. I believe you also love to keep your indoor and outdoor trees in a good shape. For tree trimming job, I can share about timber Tree Service Walnut Creek that provides reliable and safe Walnut Creek Tree Removal service especially in the areas of Pleasant Hill, Martinez, Concord, Alamo, Danville, San Ramon, Moraga, Lafayette, Orinda. Maybe the readers from those areas find this useful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Blogging tips